Monday, December 04, 2006

Teen Pregnancy

I’ve watched many drama movies where girls in their teens run away from home because they are pregnant.

Do these things happen in real life? I’m sure they do. I just hope that they don’t happen often. Imagine being a girl, 16 years of age, pregnant, and all alone. That’s a terrible situation to be in.

Parents should not always be blamed for the unwanted pregnancies of their daughters. There’s a limit to the degree of restraint that a parent could give or enforce upon his or her child. This doesn’t mean though, that they could already renege on their duties as guardians when things get tough. On the contrary, they should show more affection during darker days.

I know that most parents would do anything just to find a daughter who has ran away from home. There’s no excuse for failing to look for her. Conducting a people search nowadays doesn’t even entail much of anybody’s time. Besides, shouldn’t time and money be immaterial when it comes to the welfare of one’s child?

No comments: