Monday, December 25, 2006

The Gathering

The party that I threw two days ago was a success. Everybody attended except for Jeide who had to attend to his sick daughter.

The occasion was more of a somber gathering than a wild party, though. Almost everybody was already married. It’s a good thing that I ordered extra food because I thought only 7 of my guests were married. It turned out that there were 5 more who already have spouses.

Nobody thought that many would attend. Many of us have lost contact of each other after graduation. Many suspected that I ran a thorough people search on each person listed on our yearbook. Well, I did. But what made my people search a lot simpler was the old school phonebook that I kept (and still use) since my freshman year.

Jeide called me up after the party. She really regretted not being able to attend. She promised that she will host next year’s reunion if her house gets renovated by spring.

No comments: