Saturday, December 09, 2006

Call-Waiting

I just recently installed a phone-dialer software on my home computer. The thought of being able to use my computer in making and answering calls excites me. I also bought a headset to complement the program.

I know, this thrill is somewhat low-tech. I mean, I see a lot of people outside walking and talking on the phone at the same time. Bluetooth headsets are fast removing mobile phones from the users’ hands during phone calls.

Aside from being able to talk on the phone without holding anything, one of the things that convinced me to buy the program is its caller ID function. Although I haven’t gotten any crank call since my home phone was installed, I do get anonymous ones sometimes.

I already asked the phone company to activate the caller ID feature of my line. They offered to replace my phone unit with another one that has an LCD which displays the number of the person calling, but I declined since the phone-dialer will already flash the phone number my callers.

I’m already eagerly awaiting my first anonymous call for this month. Once his number gets displayed on my computer monitor, I’ll immediately conduct a reverse records search on his phone number.

No comments: