Monday, December 18, 2006

Holiday Surprises

One of the reasons why I love the Yuletide season is that long lost friends usually appear during this period out of nowhere to wish you well on Christmas and in the coming New Year. Candice, a seatmate of mine in junior high, suddenly called me up last week to do just that.

I lost contact of her when she transferred to New Orleans. Some of our classmates wanted to conduct a people search on her during our reunion two years ago, but many were quite apprehensive since some suspect that a maiden name search would already be useless since she might already be married.

I don’t know why I did not insist on pushing through with the search. I mean, I already knew back then that we could still find her even if she’s already using her spouse’s surname.

I’m glad she called. I hope that she could fly be here for our next reunion in 2008.

No comments: