My car conked out on me yesterday, so I was forced to take the train to work. Don’t get me wrong. I’m used to taking the train or bus to work. I even relish riding them since I get to chat with some of the passengers.
I usually have this weird urge to talk to strangers, especially those that I sit with on the bus or train. Yesterday was different though, as I was busy going over the files that I have to re-write for an important presentation scheduled in the afternoon.
As I was browsing through my planner, I noticed that the lady beside me was going through with some of the details of her notebook as well. It was an improvised planner. It was colorful and cute, unlike mine which is black and dull.
The first page contained her name, address, and telephone number. What surprised me though, was that her social security number was also written on it.
It’s very dangerous to just write your SSN anywhere. People could track you down through a people search based on your SSN, or even steal your identity if they can access your social security records. I would’ve wanted to give her this piece of advice. However, she was wearing a serious frown that day. I just thought that the last thing she might’ve needed that time was an unsolicited advice from a stranger.
Wednesday, November 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment