Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A Friend in Need

I received an extremely depressing news a few months ago that a very dear Jesuit friend of mine is suffering from Alzheimer’s disease. I don’t know why I didn’t visit him immediately. I guess my procrastination got the better of me.

There’s no excuse for abandoning a friend, especially during his time of need. I really would’ve visited him sooner had I known his exact whereabouts back then. I know that’s not an excuse. I could’ve just conducted a quick people search on him on the Internet, or I could’ve gone to his last address which is just an hour from my place.

I’ll be visiting him this weekend. I don’t know if he’ll still be able to remember me. My former high school classmates who also know him said that he hardly remembers anything at all. I know that what he got is basically irreversible or incurable, but I am still hoping for a miracle.

No comments: