Bond is at it again, and this time he’s fallible.
The latest Bond flick takes 007 back to his roots. Sure, he’s still the slick spy who gets everything that he wants. However, Ian Fleming’s most famous creation in Casino Royale is somewhat unrefined compared to the previous Bonds that graced the screen.
I was quite skeptical as to how the new Bond movie would fair. Critics have doubted if Daniel Craig can match up to Pierce Brosnan in playing England’s most popular secret agent. They were proven wrong.
I was one of those who doubted Craig. He was virtually an unknown in the industry (or maybe I haven’t been watching too many movies lately). I didn’t even give the man the benefit of the doubt.
Craig’s performance was commendable. The movie was great, too. However, I still keep wondering as to why the villains continuously fail to track down Bond, especially since he’s quite too visible for a spy. With all the latest gadgets that Bond movies introduce, it’s quite surprising that the writers have failed to equip 007’s enemies with an excellent means or device with which they could conduct a people search on him. Well, maybe if the writers did, then Bond would’ve died as early as the movie’s first installment.
Friday, November 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment