A friend of mine has introduced me to a former U.N. aid worker who has extensive knowledge on people search techniques. She has been working with orphans from war-torn countries, helping them find their missing parents and relatives.
How is it like to be an orphan? I guess I’ll never know. My parents have been at my side for the longest time, and I really can’t imagine life without them.
I wonder how those children lost their parents. Were they abandoned, or were they orphaned by war? For those didn’t even get the chance to see or know them, do they ever wonder how their parents were like when they were still alive?
I was able to watch a documentary about the plight of refugees a few months ago. I learned that many African and South American children end up getting separated from their parents whenever they try to smuggle their way in the United States and in other countries. Many were reunited with their parents. However, there were some who were not as fortunate. I hope that the missionaries or the organizations that took care of them conducted a thorough people search on their parents before giving them up for adoption.
Monday, November 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment