Monday, October 16, 2006

People Search – Sci-Fi Gone "M"ild

Whenever my unforgiving schedule allows me to have a date with my television, I usually make it a point to have a few doses of sci-fi films. Laser guns and flying saucers aren’t that appealing to me though. I mean, common, big discs the size of Los Angeles hovering above the earth? I wouldn’t even buy that even if I have a mental disorder.

What unfailingly gets my interest, however, is the aliens’ usual ability to detect people wherever they may be. They usually do this by implanting a chip on their victim’s wrist.

I’ve always wished that I had that kind of ability. Well, maybe some people do have it now through GPS technology. GPS receivers make it possible for one to locate or be located wherever he or she may be. I’m quite excited as to how far this innovation would be developed. Maybe 10 years from now, people would be rubbing the scars on their wrist instead of biting their tongues whenever somebody remembers them.

Till then, if you want to find somebody... a nice people search will do!

No comments: