I’ve always been a “hands-on” type of person. It’s not that I’m a control freak or something. I just like the feeling of getting what I want through my own effort. It’s more gratifying, I tell you, especially if the task is generally done by professionals.
Searching for friends whom I haven’t seen or heard for a long time is one undertaking that I don’t mind busying myself with. With some luck, I could locate somebody in just an hour or two. On bad days however, people search eats up my entire Saturday (the day when I usually rummage through information on the Internet for friends) and sometimes my whole weekend!
Professionals don’t seem to experience my frustrations in people search. That’s not surprising though, since they have access to databases that ordinary people like us do not. For example, they could easily search for people by going through the files collated by the credit bureaus. Only information professionals are granted such right or privilege. It might seem unfair, but the rationale is sound and justified. You wouldn’t want every John and Jane Doe to be able to snoop through your records, would you?
But hey, this doesn't mean you cannot do any snooping of your own. If you want to give it a try, check out the top people search sites at RecordsSiteReviews.
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment