Have you tried going on a cruise to the Caribbean or the Mediterranean? I haven’t tried the former but I sure did enjoy the latter.
I wasn’t able to treat my parents on my first paycheck. The first job that I got was with an insurance company in Michigan. Needless to say, I’d just be spending my whole salary for airfare alone if I went back to New York just to share my first pay with mom and dad.
I got to say thank you to them when I got my current job. I went back to New York after spending almost two years in Lansing. My present job doesn’t pay much compared to the previous one, but I’m able to save more here since I’m staying at our old house in Rego Park.
I wasn’t able to treat my parents immediately to a lovely Mediterranean cruise on my first pay check. In fact, it took me 5 months before I could save enough for that trip. It cost me a fortune, but it’s the least that I could do to show them my gratitude for their sacrifices during my college days. They even wanted me to go to law school and promised me that they’ll support me financially. Lucky for them I begged off and decided to give the corporate world a try.
We had a great time seeing Italy and Greece from our room’s balcony. Although I really wanted to stay on land longer, the brief stops were already enough to fill our photo albums to the brim (or rim).
I hope you don’t mind me reminiscing about that particular vacation of ours. I recently came across an article about two persons who fell of their room’s balcony while in a Mexican cruise. I don’t know how they could’ve fallen off from the balcony. The railings are usually high enough to prevent accidents. The report didn’t indicate if they were drunk or under the influence of prohibited drugs. I’m not comfortable leaning too heavily on the railings. I even made sure that my feet are squarely in place on the floor before losing myself at the lovely view of Italy and Greece.
I guess it’s really advisable to travel in groups or in pairs. You’re bound to be shark meal if you fall off a ship without anybody knowing that you’re a passenger thereof. Your relatives might run a people search on you thereafter, but that would already be too late.
Sunday, March 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment